I endeavor to provide my clients with quality service at a great price with an efficient turnaround pace. Turnaround time varies from 5-21 business days and is determined by the size and scope of the editing project. A minimum 50% deposit is due up front via PayPal. I'm happy to provide you with a free sample edit of the first 1000 words of your manuscript. Please Note: I reserve the right to add a surcharge for rewrites and/or substantive editing that exceeds the scope of copy editing as detailed below. I also retain the right to reject a manuscript.
Proofreading $1.00/250 words (1 page)
When proofreading a manuscript, I am primarily checking for typographical errors as well as, errors in spelling, and punctuation. I will also identify and correct missing words that interrupt the flow of the story.
Copy Editing $1.50/250 words (1 page)
In addition to the services offered with proofreading the manuscript, attention is given to identifying and correcting grammatical errors, word usage, idioms and linguistics.
- Email me a Microsoft Word document of your manuscript, single spaced at email@example.com along with your contact information and which service you would like.
- After reviewing your manuscript, I will provide you with an editorial agreement that includes the Cost of Service.
- Receipt of the signed editorial agreement and a minimum 50% deposit of the agreed upon cost of service will initiate the editing contract.
- Manuscripts are edited using the MS Word Track Change Feature.
- This allows you to see and approve any edits before they are inserted into your manuscript.
- Once you have reviewed the edited manuscript and accepted the changes, you will email the document to me again for one final edit. If payment has not been received in full, remaining balance for cost of service is due via PayPal prior to receipt of the final edit.